Finding Nimoy

A recent conversation with Henry:

Henry: Hey Dad. Let's play Nemo.

Dad: Ok. Who am I?

H: Nemo's dad.

D: Who are you?

H: Nemo.

D: Hi, Nemoo. How are you?

H: Not Ne-MOO, Ne-MO.

D: Ok. Got it. Hi, Memo.

H: NEMO.

D: Nimoy? Like Leonard Nimoy?

H: Dad! Not Nimoy. NEE-MO.

D: (squints, looks at Henry's mouth) I'm sorry... what are you saying?

H: Nemo.

D: (cocks head to one side) One more time.

H: Nemo!

D: Nee --

H: Yes...

D: --moot.

H: NO! NEMO!

D: Nonemo.

H: Dad!

D: What?

H: (breathing heavy, trying to calm himself) Ok. Dad. Nemo is my name.

D: Nemois. Ok. Hi, Nemois.

H: No, Dad! Stop it!

D: Stop what?

Erin: (interjects) You are such an ass.

D: I thought I was Nemo's dad.

H: You said 'Nemo'!

D: Shoot. Ok. Hi, Nemo.

H: Hi. Let's swim!

D: Sure. What's Nemo's dad's name again?

H: Marlin.

D: Hi, Nemo. I'm Marvin.

H: DAD!

3 comments:

Justin Lee said...

brilliant.

Anonymous said...

Annoying!!!

Serf City said...

Brilliant and annoying! Love this one. You set a fine example for prospective fathers like myself who look forward to tormenting our wives/partners and children in a similar fashion. Keep up the good work!