almanac 11

A snow storm is blowing outside of my window as I type. About 15 centimetres of snow sits on my driveway waiting for me to shovel tomorrow morning. A small price to pay for how well I'll sleep tonight through the howling winds.

Here's one of my favourite Dennis Lee poems. It's called Like a Giant in a Towel:

When the wind is blowing hard
Like a giant in the yard,
I'm glad my bed is warm;
I'm glad my bed is warm.

When the rain begins to rain
Like a giant with a pain,
I'm glad my bed is warm;
I'm glad my bed is warm.

When the snowstorm starts to howl
Like a giant in a towel,
I'm glad my bed is warm;
I'm glad my bed is warm.

And when the giants realize
That no one's scared of their disguise,
They go to bed and close their eyes-
They're glad their beds are warm;
They're glad their beds are warm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Dennis Lee! Yes! I love him!

That is one of my favs too!

Love it!

It would be so good to crawl into a warm bed with all my precious cargo. :) Silly school getting in the way of good family snuggles! ;)