Irritable Uterus

We tried to get away earlier this week to the other side of Cape Breton, which we did, but the trip was cut short. Erin started having some pretty intense contractions six weeks too early. I won't go into the details, but we ended up making a midnight run across the island to the Sydney hospital for some tests.

She's not in labour. She' s not having Braxton Hicks contractions. She's experiencing something called irritable uterus.

Good news is, the baby is fine. But Erin is feeling lots of pain and is very tired. The contractions occur mostly at night, so you can imagine how much sleep she's getting.

I'm trying to give her as much rest as possible and time from the kids. We've fabulous neighbours who have been a great help.

I'll let you know if anything changes.

P.S. Despite the suckiness, life goes on: including a shirts off, lying down, make-out session between Jane and our 4-year old neighbour. I had a brief glimpse of what life will be like when she's 15. I knew I shouldn't have let her wear that dress.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there guys -- I know it feels long right now but it really won't be sooo looong and look at the great prize you'll get at the end.

(At least that's what I remember telling myself.)

Auntie