You're welcome, Nature.

The kids were fantastic sports on the long-haul drive yesterday from Sydney to Charlottetown. It was mostly without incident. Mostly.

Henry: I have to poo.

Erin: (reading a sign indicating the next town is 39 kilometres away) Can you hold it?

Henry: Yup. (suddenly squirming, leaning forward) Nope. Dad!

Me: No worries, Cornbread. We'll find you a spot.

Erin skillfully navigates us off the main highway onto a side road, and eventually onto an out-of-the-way lane in the bush.

Henry: I'm going to poop in the woods? Cool!

I lead him from the car to a nice quiet spot. I hold his arms as he hunches over.

Henry: (looking me in the eye, speaking between held breaths) This is really valuable for the soil.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

takes me back to when my parents used to carry the P.O.T. for such emergencies!
grammie

Anonymous said...

I remember Isaac's first pee in the woods. It was last summer on a Sunday drive near Queenstown... it was all he could talk about for days. And the last time he successfully peed standing up. Aren't the woods grand?

Deborah