Santa vs Reality

Henry: How can Santa deliver presents in the desert?

Me:
The same way he delivers them in the snow.

Henry:
But his sleigh can't drive in sand.

Me:
Ah, but you forget the magical flying reindeer.

Henry:
(thinking) But, there's no such thing as magic. (thinking some more) So, there's no such thing as Santa.

I want to give him a high five. I want to congratulating him for untangling the silly Santa myth. Instead...

Me: So then how do you explain the presents?

Henry:
Um.................. Santa?

Me:
I can think of no further explanation.

2 comments:

Dead Robot said...

Santa was ripped from me by an annoyed sister mad at my teasing. Kudos to Henry for figuring it out. Now, teach him how to "keep" Santa for the rest of his life.

Anonymous said...

Good answer. Smart kid - he just needs to learn more definitions for magic & all will make perfect sense. :)