Acknowledge me, part two

(Part one can be found here.)

Morning. I am making porridge. Henry sits drawing at the table. Alice stands at the kitchen door.

Alice: Knock knock knock!

Me: Who could that be?

Henry: Come in!

Alice walks in slowly and deliberately, like she's watching herself on TV.

Alice: Hi!

Me: Alice! It's you!

Henry: (looking up from his work) It has been so long.

She walks toward me holding out her hand.

Alice: I shake your hand!

We shake.

Me: How have you been, my friend?

Alice: Great! 

She walks toward Henry

Alice: I shake your hand!

They shake.

Alice: Nice see you!

Henry: (grinning) It's nice to see you.

Alice: OK! Bye!

She walks out the kitchen door.

Me: I miss Alice already.

Henry: Me, too.

Alice: Knock knock knock!

Me: Who could that be...

We do this about a dozen times without deviating from the script.

1 comment:

Craig Wesley said...

There's a zen aspect to all this, isn't there...?