Wait for me, guys!

I have been following a runner all summer. It is a runner carried forward by momentum, giggles, and the sheer amazement that those long stick things on the bottom of her body can do such a magical thing as take her places.

It is also a runner who tends to wiggle her butt.

I have followed similar runners twice before, and it strikes me I won't follow another for a long time. Maybe even until those runners have runners of their own.

I've said before I am not a taker of kid videos, but I made this exception. Henry, Jane, Alice, and I went to Green Gables a few weeks back. Henry -- who is reading the book -- dressed as Gilbert. Jane was Anne. Alice -- who we had to fashion a new set of braids for -- was Anne of Green Gables (which is much different than just being Anne, says Jane).

We  hiked the Haunted Woods trail, and I found myself again behind that familiar runner.


6 comments:

Misty said...

Priceless.
My oldest used to run with his arms outstretched like a zombie when he was 2. I couldn't help but laugh each time.
I won't be following another either.

Craig Wesley said...

Right, that's it...your family is hereby nominated for Best Family of the Century Thus Far.


Best.

wordswords said...

Gosh. Vote early and often, I guess.

Craig Wesley said...

I second that nomination.

wordswords said...

I do not pretend to be an expert on Robert's Rules of Order, but I don't think you can second your own nomination.

Craig Wesley said...

Who said that?

Anyhoo, you're not the boss of me, Dave...