Whoops: the accidental blog post explained

Enough of you lovely readers caught my accidental post this morning about Henry's health that I feel I should explain. Henry has been sick for about three weeks (details below), and I was sending an email out to a bunch of concerned friends to give them an update. In the "to" field, I accidentally included the email address that updates Tomato Transplants. Hence: the accidental blog post.

So, what's wrong with Henry?

Short answer: we don't know. He woke up the night after Hallowe'en to an explosive stomach bug. Truly awful. It would last four or five nights, then stop for a few days, then come back worse than before. We took him from clinic to Emergency Room to clinic to doctor to x-ray to ER to ER. Finally, we were referred on to a pediatrician who has narrowed down three possible causes, all of which are treatable.

Two days after that visit, Henry is eating well and feeling good. He just begged me for a mid-afternoon bowl of cereal. ("Wellllllllll... okay.") We're keeping a close eye on him, but I think we've turned a corner.

Thanks very much for all the emails and messages of concern. You guys are the best guys.

Now back to the regular narrative of life.

2 comments:

Misty said...

So very happy to hear. (As Owen sits on the couch with a bowl at 1 am. I cannot imagine.)

wordswords said...

Spoke too soon. We were right back into the thick of it again at 2am.

So at least Owen was in good company, Misty. ;)