Jumping the car

We had a little car trouble the other day. Nothing a set of jumper cables and a friend with a spare car couldn't fix.

When I got back in the car, Alice was bawling in the back seat.

Me: What's wrong?

Jane: Henry told Alice you were going to jump the car.

Me: I did! We're all fixed.

Jane: No, he said you were going to, like, actually jump over it. 

Me: Oh, buddy.

Henry: Sorry, Dad. I thought it was funny.

Alice continues to wail. Poor thing has been fighting a cold and has been cranky all day.

Me: Alice, I wasn't jumping over the car. I was taking some of the electricity from Jason's car and jumping it to our car. It's an expression.

She tries to be big, but she can't help crying.

I take off my seat belt.

Me: Well, there's just one thing to do.



Me: All better, Alice?

She wipes her eyes.

Alice: Can you do it again?

3 comments:

Joan said...

Ohhhh...now it is a bit clearer why you were literally jumping the car. :)

wordswords said...

Oh gosh. You must have thought I was a freak.

Joan said...

Not at all, we thought it was great! :)